How To Create Strong Brand Image Advertising
Many people assume that products and services are the most important components when it comes to operating and growing a business. While these aspects are definitely important, it’s also beneficial to think about the brand image itself, especially when it comes to overall consumer perception and connotation.
So, before you start throwing money at advertising without a real strategy in place, consider taking a more targeted approach so that you can create strong brand advertising that is going to be more effective and beneficial in the long run.
What is Brand Image in Advertising?
If you’re just getting into building your brand, you probably have no idea what brand image really means and what it’s all about.
Essentially, brand image is the perception that a consumer has about a brand. Brand image consists of the beliefs, ideas, and impressions that someone holds about a brand based on their interactions and experience with the brand. This can be a tricky concept to nail down since everyone thinks differently and people may have a variety of different opinions about your brand.
The good news is that you can try to create a uniform brand image based on targeted strategies so that despite different experiences and thought processes, a vast majority of consumers will view your brand in a positive light.
Why Do You Need One?
If brand image isn’t something you’ve thought about before, you definitely need to start thinking about it now. Every company needs a strong brand image in order to grow the business and achieve their goals. After all, not many people are going to want to buy from a brand that they know nothing about or have negative perceptions of.
For example, think about companies that have to undergo “rebranding” because of an incident that occurred with their original brand. They know that they will continue to struggle based on a negative brand perception, so to them, it’s worth the cost and hassle to undergo rebranding so that they can essentially start over.
Obviously, the goal is to avoid a negative brand image in the first place so that consumers have trust and confidence in your brand. This makes it more likely that they will buy from you as opposed to another company that they may not be as attracted to simply based on the brand rather than the actual products themselves.
So, it not only prevents negative consequences, but it can actually bring about positive effects as well in terms of reach and growth.
How To Create Strong Brand Image Advertising
As previously mentioned, brand image can be a tricky concept to nail down since you don’t have total control over how consumers perceive your business. That being said, there are some steps that you can take to create a strong brand image through advertising.
You will need a well-thought-out and strategic approach in order to achieve this, but if you follow these tips, you can definitely nail it:
- Define Brand Values: If you’re a new company and you haven’t defined your brand values yet, this is the first step you need to take to create a strong brand image. Ask yourself the question, why are you doing this? From there, you can define what you want to represent as a brand and work towards promoting these values with your advertising.
- Define Your Target Customer: Once you know who you are, you need to think about who your target customer is. What kind of brand would they want to buy from? What matters to them? From there, you can continue to build your brand values and work on creating a strong brand image that will resonate with your target group.
- Create a Brand Positioning Statement: A brand positioning statement will help you clearly set yourself apart from your competitors. This is something that consumers look for when comparing between several different products that may all look the same at first glance. You need to give consumers a strong reason to buy from you specifically, and you can do this with a strong brand positioning statement.
- Build Strong Partnerships: Another way that you can create strong brand image advertising is to create partnerships with other companies. However, don’t just partner with any company that approaches you. Instead, make sure to prioritize brand suitability in your vetting process and ensure that any partners also share the same values that you defined in step one. From there, you can be confident in your partnership and be rest assured that it will only help strengthen your brand image as a result.
- Build Trust With Consumers: Another thing that you should be building is trust. Consumers need to be able to trust your brand in order to have a positive perception of it and eventually buy from it. You can make your brand more trustworthy by displaying social proof and showing off positive customer reviews and experiences. You can also do this by providing top-notch customer service so that you can get referrals and hopefully repeat business.
- Be Consistent: Brand image is something that takes a long time to build but can be destroyed in an instant. That’s why you need to be consistent in your actions and prioritize brand safety to preserve your brand image at all costs.
- Consult the Experts: Brand image advertising can be a confusing and overwhelming issue to tackle on your own. So if you’re really looking to create strong brand image advertising, then it’s a good idea to consult with experts to help you achieve this. For example, our experts here at Channel Factory know the ins and outs of advertising and can help you establish your image through strategic content placement. Showing the right content to the right people in the right location can go a long way towards creating a positive brand image through your advertising.
How To Measure Effectiveness
Many people are hesitant to invest in their brand image since it can be such a hard concept to measure if you don’t know how to do so. After all, you want to see results from your efforts and investment.
The good news is that there are ways that you can actually measure your brand image and gauge the effectiveness of your efforts and advertising.
One of the best ways to measure brand image effectiveness is to conduct consumer surveys. Specifically, there are brand perception surveys that you can use to see how different consumers respond to your brand and your content.
If they have a positive reaction, you know you’re on the right track. If they are concerned about certain things, you know what areas you have to address moving forward.
Overall, feedback is key when it comes to brand image and is definitely vital to monitor and track as you build your brand.
As you can see, creating a strong brand image is essential for companies that are looking to set themselves apart from everyone else and gain new customers in the process. This is a long-term strategy that’s impossible to achieve overnight, but will be well worth the time and investment when a majority of consumers have a positive perception of your brand as a result of your efforts.
From there, it will be easier for you to obtain new customers as well as retain existing ones — helping you to grow your business to new heights.