Last updated May 2018.
This policy also tells you how we use tracking technologies, cookies, and browsing data we collect from your use of our Services, the measures we take to protect the security of the information you provide to us through our Services, and how you can contact us if you have any questions regarding our online services.
By using our Services, you expressly consent to our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your information relating to your use of the Services. Our goal is to collect and use information to deliver effective and personalized services, which take your interests and preferences into account, as well as for our legitimate business needs and interests.
There are two main types of information we collect about users of our Services that include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Information that identifies you: this is commonly referred to as “personal information” and includes, for example, information that you provide to us such as your name, email address, company and title if you ask for access to or demonstrations of any of our products; and
- Information that relates to you, but on its own does not identify you: such as information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, the type and version of your device’s operating system or web browser, in some cases your device’s location, and information relating to your usage of our Services.
The methods we use to collect information about you are as follows:
Directly from you, when you provide it to us. For example, when you request products or services from us, when you register with us, respond to surveys, apply for a job, contact us or otherwise interact with us. Please remember that if others use devices into which you remain logged in, they may share information with us as if they were you, and they may have access to information that you have previously provided us. To protect your privacy, please log out from our online services that you access from public or shared devices.
From our business customers/brand clients, who provide Channel Factory with their user data. User data provided to Channel Factory are typically encrypted by Google or the client prior to reaching Channel Factory. Channel Factory also hashes and/or encrypts use data provided to us by the client.
From third parties, including social networks, other online services, publicly available records, our service providers. and from consumer data resellers.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We (and our service providers) use information to:
- provide the online services you have requested;
- respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments;
- protect the safety of users and others on our Services;
- understand how our Services are used so that we can continuously improve them;
- send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us and/or our business partners or other organizations that we work with, in accordance with your communication preferences; and
- send you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Service providers that we have retained to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf: for example, service providers who offer services including research and analytics; hosting websites, fulfilling transactions, maintaining databases, and providing technology services and platforms. These parties are provided only with the personal information or other information they need to perform their functions and can only use and disclose that information as is necessary to perform the services on our behalf, or to comply with legal requirements. We take steps to ensure that third party service providers will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
Clients/customers: we provide analytics and tools to our customers and clients regarding the optimization of their advertising campaigns to certain demographics. This is a core and necessary component of our business. Personal identifying information is encrypted and protected.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government/regulatory bodies, and content protection organizations to:
- Protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and that of our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents, contractors, or other individuals;
- Protect the safety and security of visitors to our Site;
- Protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
- Respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement, or public authorities;
- Permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- Comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; or
- Enforce applicable terms of service.
SALE OR TRANSFER OF ALL OR A PART OF OUR BUSINESS
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain procedural, technical, and physical safeguards for our online services to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the personal information you provide via our Services. We also ask the service providers that help us deliver our services to do the same. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED
Channel Factory is based in the United States and may from time to time transfer your personal information to other countries and make it accessible to any of our affiliates and third-party service providers internationally. Where the transfer of information is to a country that does not provide an adequate level of information protection, Channel Factory has taken steps to ensure that your personal information receives an appropriate level of protection.
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, may be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States. Under United States law, your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States. By using our Site and providing your personal information to us, you understand and agree that your personal information may be sent to other countries including those which do not provide an equivalent level of information protection as the European Economic Area (EEA).
DO NOT TRACK
Channel Factory does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use our Service.
THIRD PARTY WEB BEACONS AND THIRD PARTY BUTTONS
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Site contains links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We are not responsible for the content, privacy and security practices, and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Residents of California have the right to request a disclosure describing what types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and with whom we have shared it, during the preceding year. You may request a copy of that disclosure by contacting us at email@example.com.