5 Reasons YouTube Is Good for Building Brand Equity
Businesses can leverage a plethora of social media platforms to build brand equity, but some platforms remain underutilized by marketers.
Many don’t use YouTube to its full potential—do you?
While all social media platforms can be valuable for your marketing strategy, YouTube is among the most powerful tools for brand building if you use it correctly.
But why exactly is YouTube good for building brand equity? This guide will answer this question and explain how your business can use this platform to its advantage.
What Is Brand Equity?
Brand equity is the value of your brand as perceived by your customers. Businesses can build positive brand equity by making their products and services recognizable, memorable, and superior in quality. The company’s marketing and promotional efforts are crucial to achieving this goal.
When businesses have positive brand equity, clients are willing to pay more for their products and services. Positive brand equity allows companies to:
- Increase their profit margins
- Grow market share
- Expand product lines with confidence
5 Key Reasons YouTube Is Good for Building Brand Equity
Why is YouTube so good for building brand equity? Here are the top reasons you should use YouTube as part of the marketing strategy for your business.
1. Capitalize on a Large User Base
YouTube is the world’s second most popular social media platform, with over 2.3 billion monthly active users watching over 1 billion hours of content on the platform daily. In the United States, the percentage of people on the platform is pretty evenly distributed across different age groups. YouTube currently ranks second in overall website traffic, and the numbers show no sign of slowing down.
You’ve got to go where the customers are—and they’re clearly visiting YouTube.
2. Boost SEO
YouTube is a subsidiary of Google, the world’s most popular search engine. Creating content on this platform can help make your business more searchable, as Google features YouTube videos in search results. By creating relevant content on YouTube and using the right keywords, your brand can become more visible and build a robust online presence.
3. Leverage Customer Intent
People watch over 1 billion hours of video content on YouTube each day. Customers are actively seeking solutions on the platform. Some of the best-performing videos include tutorials, training, and how-to-videos.
Optimizing your YouTube content with the right tags, categories, and keywords can reach customers seeking solutions that your products and services can address.
4. Increase Website Traffic & Conversions
YouTube is a powerful platform for attracting high-quality leads. If your brand creates helpful content on YouTube, your customers can use the backlinks you provided in the video to learn more about your business. This action drives increased organic traffic on your website. With well-optimized landing pages, these visits can improve your conversion rates.
5. YouTube Ads
YouTube is an exceptional platform for advertising because it enables brands to target their audience based on their demographics, preferences, and interests. Partnering with expert third-party companies can help your business create brand-suitable advertisements, reach the right audience, and maximize your advertising investment.
How to Use YouTube for Brand Equity: Getting Started
YouTube empowers brands to reach their target markets, build awareness, and showcase their competitive edge to the world through video content and powerful targeted advertising. Here’s how you can get started using YouTube for brand equity:
- Learn About Your Audience: Before creating content and advertising on YouTube, analyze your target audience’s location, age, viewing preferences, and demographics. Gathering this information will help your business determine what content to make and where to place your ads.
- Analyze Competitors: Your business can gain important insights by analyzing your top competitors’ strategies. Utilize keyword tools to see which among your competitors has the best ranking on the keywords related to your industry. Observe the titles, descriptions, and metrics they use.
- Optimize Your Content: YouTube’s ranking algorithm is unique. For the best results, ensure that you optimize every aspect of your content, from your thumbnails, titles, descriptions, and keywords. Use the most important keywords in your description and make use of call-to-action messages to encourage your audience to interact with your videos.
- Measure Results: Track your progress to determine the effectiveness of your video content and marketing campaigns. While you can utilize several metrics to evaluate your campaigns, their relevance can vary depending on your goals. For example, if your goal is to increase sales, conversion is the most important metric to evaluate.
Build Brand Equity on YouTube with the Help of Channel Factory
In the digital age, YouTube remains one of the most powerful platforms marketers can leverage to grow their brands. But, while we’ve learned that YouTube is good for building brand equity, the real challenge is making it happen. At Channel Factory, we help businesses accomplish this. We specialize in creating optimized, brand-suitable, and effective advertising that reaches the right audience and drives conversions. Contact us today to learn how our advertising solutions can help your business!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!